No pizza can rival one that you’ve made yourself. It’s always crafted just the way you like it, and you get to take your first bite while it’s at prime deliciousness – straight out of the oven – no car transport needed!
Make a simple yeast dough and let it rise; make pizza sauce; heat pizza stone in 475° oven for at least one hour; stretch out dough and pre-bake for 5 minutes before adding toppings; bake 13-15 minutes until cheese is golden and crust is crispy.
Make It Your Way:
– Simple is better … don’t add too many toppings or the crust may not get crispy
– I suggest pre-cooking the following toppings if using: Italian sausage, mushrooms, roasted garlic, chicken, jalapenos
– In addition to mozzarella, use a variety of cheeses such as Parmesan, muenster, Asiago, feta … the options are endless!
– Our favorite dipping sauce is creamy Italian … mix mayo with Italian dressing and extra spices (included in the video)
– Purchase pre-made pizza dough from the grocery store or a pizza restaurant
– Use pre-made sauce, but note that jarred spaghetti sauce is usually very thin, so you may want to cook it down
– Use pre-grated cheese
No pizza can rival one that you’ve made yourself. It’s always crafted just the way you like it, and you get to take your first bite while it’s at prime deliciousness – straight out of the oven – no car transport needed. But you’re in luck – this homemade pizza recipe will improve your life, and make your taste buds dance with delight!
Our favorite cheese mix includes shredded whole-milk, low-moisture mozzarella, grated Parmesan, and diced muenster. This combination not only provides a terrific flavor, but results in some very epic cheese pulls!
Of course, you could use pre-made dough that you purchase from a pizza restaurant or the grocery store, but really, this dough comes together so quickly, I don’t know why you would. For last minute pizza nights, I’ve made the dough and let it rest just the amount of time it took to get the toppings ready, and I’ve also made it the night before and left it to rise slowly in the fridge. It is delicious either way.
homemade pizza recipe